2014년 10월 9일 목요일

week 3 - research 1


Source:

How The Media Influence Our Decisions


My Topic:

We should have critical eyes on accepting mess media 

What I hope to learn from this source:

 I hope I can find the reason why media easily affect human. People are unconsciously influenced by media because of the characteristics of media. Then, what are specific characteristics of media?  The answer for this question can strongly support my argument.   

Notes:

  1. Repetition: Repeated  messages makes people to easily accept them as true
  2.  Use & misuse of experts: People usually think information provided by experts is credible. So, people who make contents of media misuse experts to benefit them. 

Final Thoughts:

 According to this research, I can recognize some characteristics of media. This can be strong support for my argument because these facts show why people are influenced by media thoughtlessly. Because of characteristics of the media, people easily think information provided by media is correct and credible. However, some information is not always true. Therefore, we should have critical eyes when we watch media.   When media constantly pushes something and people do not do research on their own they are going to follow what the majority of others are following and that usually ends up being whatever is promised by media.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기